Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bar Stool Cowboy

11 x 14
Oil on Birch Panel
On Display and For Sale at Artsource Fine Art, Raleigh



Earlier this Summer it was over a 100 degrees in Eastern North Carolina, so I decided to drive out to Asheville  to escape the blistering heat and look for some street freaks / musicians to take pics of for some paintings. There was no shortage of either, but ironically I found the best snap at the Grove Park Inn - a place I had no plans at all to be, but was invited for dinner by a friend who happened to be there for the weekend and found out I was in town. Having a couple of drinks in the main room, I quick drew the old iphone out and got a few "discrete" shots of this bar scene as the late evening sun illuminated the dark wooden bar and the bar stool cowboy trying to hit on this lady just trying to enjoy her cocktail.