Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cloud over Wanchese

9 x 12
Oil on Birch
Plein Air

I drove through Wanchese the other morning, and a Northeast Wind had a cloud breakup hugging the harbor allowing just enough sunlight through to illuminate a red trawler tied up to the pilings.  Like many times before, somehow either a boat owner or someone who works on the boat happens to drive by and add a critique of the painting - often with a " it would be a good painting if you had put the something something in right, etc. etc". This particular morning, it was the mate on the Sassy Sarah, and after a a quick look,   he said, " I hope you're done, cause' she's gone in about in five minutes." Luckily, I was close because he wasn't joking. Before I could double check my lines and angles, Sassy Sarah was headed out. 

Wanchese Harbor
2015