Tuesday, June 30, 2015

There's a New Marshal in Town

9 x 12
Oil on Birch Wood Panel
Will be auctioned at St. Mary's by the Sea Luncheon, Nags Head, NC
SOLD




Last month I attended my niece's graduation from St. Mary's and once again got snap happy with the camera. The commencement, entrenched with tradition, mandates a few chosen rising seniors to dress in long white dresses and wide brim hats to act as marshals throughout the ceremony. I was busy taken snaps of the beautiful buildings after it was over and these three marshals walked right in to a perfect focal point with dark shadow behind them and the road and sidewalks leading right into them. 
A few weeks later my cousin ask me to donate a painting for the St. Mary's Annual By-the-Sea Luncheon expecting a beach scene of some sort. I told her that I would donate but had a scene in mind that was right on campus.